Dimensions: 4.45"W x 4.2"D x 2.5"H
16 gauge cold rolled steel enclosure.
Based around the desirable JRC4558 chip and 1990’s Full-Drive circuit, with 2 toggle switches for many more sonic options.
30% smaller than the FD2-MOS, 15% smaller than the FD3 at only 4.45" wide x 4" deep.
Left ON/OFF footswitch: True-Bypass switching with exclusive Fulltone “Anti-Pop” circuit.
Right “Channel select” footswitch: switches between Overdrive 1 or Overdrive 2, each with individually adjustable Volume and Drive knobs.
100% Built in the USA.
16 gauge cold rolled steel chassis with easy battery access via 2 thumbscrews.
9-18VDC operation, extremely green circuit only pulling 10mA of current.
2 toggle switches to access the many clipping options
LEFT 3-position switch:
- Comp-Cut- removes clipping diodes, not a clean boost because it can distort the opamp.
- Flat Mids- a late 1990’s Fulltone invention that feeds signal back on to the clipping diodes removing the Mid-hump.
- Vintage- traditional 90's Full-Drive slightly asymmetrical clipping.
- RIGHT 3-position switch
- Wide- combines Mosfets & Schottky Diodes for more clarity, less compression, a more D*mble-like sound.
- Standard- traditional 90's FD2 slightly asymmetrical.
- Half-Clipped- another Fulltone exclusive, only clips the top waveform for extreme clarity, feel, and touch like you've never experienced!
Explanation of DRIVE 2 “channel.”
Think of it as the "More" Channel....
Engaging the DRIVE 2 footswitch brings in the DRIVE 2 knob, allowing you to add distortion (in addition) to what's selected on the DRIVE 1 knob.
At the same time, the pedal jumps from the (pedal’s main, large) VOLUME knob level setting to a higher level selected on the DRIVE 2 VOLUME (mini-knob.)
1) Use as a volume Booster (same Distortion setting, only louder): Set DRIVE 2 knob to "0" and set DRIVE 2 VOLUME mini-knob to taste
2) Use as a higher Gain lead tone with Volume Boost: set DRIVE 2 knob anywhere above "0" and DRIVE 2 VOLUME mini-knob to taste. Ideally you set DRIVE 1 for your lower-distortion sounds and DRIVE 2 for the higher distortion sound…effectively giving you 2 pedals.